MandyM

MandyM

Stuff I'm reading... Mostly romance and Scifi/Fantasy.

Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia)

Too Stupid to Live - Anne Tenino Reread on 20th June 2013. Enjoyed it just as much and I was able to pick up on some things I missed out on the first time. I'm sure the scifi romance novel Sam talks about is [b:Games of Command|352724|Games of Command|Linnea Sinclair|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347389713s/352724.jpg|342949] by [a:Linnea Sinclair|202269|Linnea Sinclair|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1200676158p2/202269.jpg]. One of my all time faves. Great to see it mentioned here.Original review:4.5 stars. Fabulous story from the Whitetail Rock 'verse. Self-confessed TSTL Sam finds the man of his dreams in the conflicted ex-firefighter, Ian, who is only just blundering his way out of the closet. Sam totally steals the show in this romantic comedy. He is not the most beautiful of 'heroines' but has a big heart and the way the Ian slowly falls under his spell is delicious. Love the quirky title. Often the mention of 'romance novels' in a romance novel feels uncomfortable for me. But the author weaves Sam's interest in Twu Wuv into the story in a funny way that left me feeling I was totally in on the joke. I loved all the inner monologues of both Sam and Ian as they puzzle their way forward. Excellent sex scenes! Maybe one too many for some readers, but I loved them all. Great to see Nik and Jurgen again. I have reread their short stories so many times. The secondary characters were intriguing. I'm looking forward to reading about the further adventures of Miller, Tierney and Dalton in Romancelandia.