MandyM

MandyM

Stuff I'm reading... Mostly romance and Scifi/Fantasy.

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #10)

Lover Reborn - J.R Ward Well I enjoyed that so much more than I thought I would. I have remarked many times about the BDB series that the girls are more weakly written but this volume really turned the tables. No'one, Xhex and Layla totally owned the story. Their contrasting personalities and struggles were relate-able and powerful. And I can't believe I'm saying this but I loved Layla's storyline. The twist between her and one of the enemy is sheer brilliance in terms of plotting and I can't wait to see how those two ultimately star-crossed lovers can find a HEA.My biggest worry with this book was that there would be some sort of love triangle between Qhuinn, Blay and Layla that would continue into Lover At Last so I'm really happy to see that it won't be like that at all.As usual I was brought to tears in the penultimate scenes. This author really knows how to pile on the drama and emotions. I stopped reading this series before Lover Unleashed but I'm glad to be back on board because it looks to be going in some really interesting places. Great job by the WARDEN! Best quote at the end of the book - "As Blay started to straighten, like a message had been recieved, Qhuinn thought, 'That's right, buddy. Our future has come'."