MandyM

MandyM

Stuff I'm reading... Mostly romance and Scifi/Fantasy.

Lost Won (Liaisons #3)

Lost Won (Liaisons #3) - S.E. Culpepper Very enjoyable contemporary romance between Marine, Kevin McGuire and sports events coordinator Christian Blakely. The two met 6 years earlier when Christian ran after an amazing night together. The book is really about the guys getting over their nerves and mistrust of each other and falling in love and how it affects those around them. There are plenty of relationship twists and turns and lots of inner musings about what it means to be together. The book is enhanced by the natural and interesting day-to-day life of work as a Marine based State-side. Kevin in particular has an intense stalk-y sexy vibe. And I loved Christian's tatts and his clothes-whore weakness.The women in the book were less rounded out character-wise. Kevin's overly 'saintly' sister Risa and her morally bankrupt friend Selena could have done with more complexity to their personalities but they are far from being the worst female stereotypes in m/m romance. I also found Kevin's furious condemnation of a young Christian walking out on him after his first gay sexual experience, hard to understand, but it didn't lessen my enjoyment of the story. I'm looking forward to the next offering by this talented self-published author. I hope she does more books about Marines. I was getting a slight [a:Suzanne Brockmann|32638|Suzanne Brockmann|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1235377378p2/32638.jpg] vibe while I was reading [b:Lost Won|17185356|Lost Won (Liaisons #3)|S.E. Culpepper|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1356641589s/17185356.jpg|23634318].