MandyM

MandyM

Stuff I'm reading... Mostly romance and Scifi/Fantasy.

Review: After Midnight

After Midnight - Santino Hassell

3.75 stars. These characters and plot are so over the top and stylized that it's like reading a comic strip. The choice of MC was <u>inspired</u>. Who would have thought to use that stereotypical weasel-y snivelling drug dealer that is a despised secondary character in so many cop shows. I felt like Gordon was channelling Steve Buscemi (who I love) in one of his many movie roles. I loved every one of Gordon's weaknesses.<br/><br/>I got halfway through the first book of ICoS, [b:Evenfall|8164566|Evenfall (In the Company of Shadows, #1)|Santino Hassell|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1344216126s/8164566.jpg|13009740], a few years ago but gave up because it seemed to be never-ending and also because I didn't enjoyed the portrayal of women. They were all so butched up and foul-mouthed. Like the only way that the author could imagine women being tough was to make them into men. They are the same in this book although they don't seem to get as much page time so it's much less off-putting. <br/><br/>I only have one question. Where did the last chapter go?