MandyM

MandyM

Stuff I'm reading... Mostly romance and Scifi/Fantasy.

10 things about me - (aka Jumping on the bandwagon can be fun)

1. I've been a nurse and midwife for over 30 years. I love it. It's not just a job, it is part of my character and has shaped my beliefs and the course of my life. There's not a work day goes by that someone doesn't come up to me and smile with gratitude and say thank-you. There aren't many jobs where you get that sort of self-affirmation every day.

2. I recently got a letter from the bank saying that I only have 4 years and 10 months left on my home loan. It's turned me into a monster. Now that it's so close I am HUNGRY for it. I have gone from being lackadaisical about money to scrimping and saving every penny and putting it into the loan. Don't know how long I can sustain this for though.

3. I live near the ocean. Even through all my travels I have always gravitated to the seaside.

4. Smart is sexy. I am most impressed by intellectuals.

5. I find teenagers very whiny! That's probably why very few YA novels appeal to me.

6. My drunk karaoke song is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

7. I wish Disco had never died. (Thank God for Avicii and Daft Punk!)

8. I always cry when I hear my national anthem (it's so bad!... No. only joking, it's the patriotism that gets me every time).

9. I've been married twice and 'dated' (I think that's a polite American euphemism for 'had sex with') plenty over the years.

10. I hate New Adult 'literature' but the reviewers of that genre are So. Damn. Funny. that I follow them just for the daily snark.